Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish
1. Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
While the book didn’t quite work for Sash, she really liked Levi’s personality and his name.
Meaning: Joined in Harmony
Actual Famous Person: Levi Strauss, American inventor of blue jeans
2. Blue from The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Way before Beyonce and Jay-Z’s little girl, Maggie Stiefvater knew that Blue would make a great name for a girl!
Actual Famous Person: Blue Ivy Carter
3. Calliope from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
While the obvious cool name choice might be Cricket or even Lola – we just really like the name Calliope. CUH-LIE-OH-PEE. Not CAL-EE-OH-PEE.
Meaning: Beautiful Voiced
4. Saba from Blood Red Road by Moira Young (which, Moira is a cool name too!)
Origin: Arabic and Greek
Meaning: from Sheba
5. Manchee from The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
Pretty cool and unusual name, plus he’s a talking dog!
6. Dash from Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
We don’t know why we like this name – we just do!
Meaning: From the Ash
7. Vera from Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King
Actual Famous Person: Vera Wang, fashion designer
8. Jonah from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Meaning: A Dove
Actual Famous Person: Jonah Hill, actor
9. Greer from Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs
Meaning: Watchful, Guardian
Actual Famous Person: Greer Garson, actress
10. Finley from There You’ll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones
Mostly a boy’s name in Scotland, we really like it as a girl’s name!
Meaning: Fair Warrior