Sash has got a Featured Shelf called “Unexpected Enjoyed” – it’s dedicated to books like these. The ones that you picked up maybe because you’d heard others rave about it, or because you liked the cover, or perhaps just because you were trying something outside of your comfort zone – and even though you thought you might like or or weren’t sure, you ended up liking it more than you thought you would, or even LOVING it!
Here’s a list of books S ended up loving that she was slightly hesitant to read (reasons in bold):
- Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger – Middle Grade book
- The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando – Timeline of 24 hours
- Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando – Following two amazing contemporary books
- There You’ll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones- Movie star love interest
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid – Comparison to Ender’s Game
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young – Blurb on the cover – “Better than The Hunger Games”
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga – Sounded creepy and too boy-ish
- Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers – Medieval Fantasy
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles – Cover looked cheesy
Sometimes books are all about expectations. Hopefully not like this:
What books have you enjoyed more than you thought you would? Tell us in the comments section below!